Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Chocolate Pepermint Crunch Cookies

I saw that Andes makes peppermint crunch baking chips as I was looking at all the holiday baking goods. Although I had no direct purpose when I bought them, I was determined to use them because they looked so fun and delicious. Here's the recipe I came up with and they turned out just as my little brain had imagined.


Ingredients:
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 bag (10 oz.) peppermint crunch baking chips

In large bowl beat sugar and butter on medium speed until creamy. Add vanilla and eggs and beat again until creamy.  Stir in flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Stir in baking chips. Refrigerate for about 1 hour. Roll into one inch balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven at 325 degrees for 13-16 minutes (check after 13 minutes, do not over back or the cookies will be crispy). Cool on a wire rack. 

No comments: