Saturday, July 11, 2009

Tabasco Shrimp

Yet another recipe found from Cooking Light that I love. The original added chili powder and hot sauce to the sour cream but I usually end up skipping that step to simplify. We serve the shrimp wrapped in a fat burrito using fresh cooked tortillas, rice, beans, Monterrey Jack cheese, sour cream and Herdez Salsa Verde (a must have at all times in our pantry). This is another recipe that I use the frozen shrimp from Costco. We also love the uncooked tortillas that you can make fresh before serving - it makes all the difference in a good burrito. But, I sometimes do skip the tortilla and have a burrito bowl when I'm trying to cut out some fat/calories.

For those of you that are a little wary of spicy - this is probably about medium but it's hard for me to rate since I love spicy. In other words, I skip the shrimp and make a plain burrito for my son because it's too hot for him.

Ingredients:
3/4 teaspoons chili powder
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)

Combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, and salt in a large bowl. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add shrimp mixture; sauté until done. Stir in hot pepper sauce and juice. Remove from heat.

2 comments:

amber hawkins warren said...

I love that you turned me on to Cooking Light. I get 4-5 of my favorite meals out of that magazine every month.

Anonymous said...

Its a great recipe,
Thanks for posting.
___________________
Vince
Best place for your complete Internet marketing