Saturday, November 29, 2008

Butternut Squash and Blue Cheese

This isn't so much of a recipe but I had to share because it is a delight to the taste buds. I'm a great fan of butternut squash. It's a filling, low-calorie vegetable. Recently, I heard of a good way to serve it.

Although the butternut squash can look intimidating, just peel it with a vegetable peeler, clean out the seeds and cut it up into chunks. Put the chunks it into a microwavable dish with about an inch of water. I usually put it in the microwave for about 4 minutes (per half a squash). You may have to put it in longer based on your microwave. It should be cooked until tender.

Now here's where you will meet the taste bud delight. Sprinkle blue cheese on top. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Tara Shirley said...

Um, I want to believe you, that this is good.... but I don't! HA!