Monday, March 30, 2009

Chicken and Fresh Vegetable Pasta Salad


This is attempt number 2 at documenting a recipe that is stored in my magic brain. Sorry if it is a little vague but this is another recipe that is great because of the ease of making variations.

Most of my staple recipes are based upon items that in bulk (ahem, Costco). I also typically buy a family pack of chicken and grill several breasts all at once on my George Foreman so that I can use the chicken the next night in a different recipe (such as Artichoke-Chicken Penne, Chicken Tetrazzini or Chicken Enchilada Pie). I simply put a little Season-All on the chicken and grill on my trusty George Foreman.


Also, for this recipe I like to use at least three or four different vegetables. I always use tomatoes and cucumbers. I love sweet peppers - orange, yellow or red. If you don't like sweet peppers, try adding carrots. I'm not a big fan of carrots but they would be a good substitute for the peppers. The amounts I've listed in the recipe can certainly be altered to taste. Use your favorite vegetables so you will really enjoy the salad.

If you do use sweet peppers, I usually only use a quarter of each. I think it is the perfect amount.



Ingredients:
16 oz. Rotini pasta
4 tomatoes, chopped
1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
other vegetables as desired (sweet peppers, carrots, spinach, etc.)
2 chicken breasts
1/2 cup Feta cheese (if you don't like Feta, try Parmesan instead)

Dressing:
3 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 package of Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix.

Begin by grilling your chicken. While you are grilling, start your water boiling for the pasta. Begin cutting your vegetables and place in a large bowl. Allow the grilled chicken to cool a bit and then chop. Once the pasta is done, drain and rinse.

Add all ingredients to a large bowl and stir. In a small bowl mix ingredients for dressing. Add dressing to salad and toss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These sound delightful,
Good taste.
Thanks for posting.

___________________
Vince
Best place for your complete Internet marketing