Friday, July 11, 2008

Carrot Muffins


Here is one of those ways I sneak a little extra fiber into my child's diet. My mom made up this recipe while we were visiting her a few months ago. And when she first told me that she put carrots in them, I was surprised and a little nervous since I really don't like carrot cake. But I loved them. She would give him the warm muffins with some yogurt and strawberries. He loved it and so I keep making them and now my husband is addicted too.

Ingredients:
1 egg
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup carrots, finely chopped in food processor
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix the wet ingredients (including carrots) in a medium bowl. Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in the dry ingredients. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir only until moistened. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.

1 comment:

Nurse Betty L. Boop said...

Thanks for the great recipe. My mom makes something similar with zuchinni! YUM!!!!