Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Strawberry Limeade

I have totally and completely been neglecting little Linoleum Dynamite. I'm sorry. I promise to take better care. Summer recipes are hard because all I really feel like eating are salads and things cooked on the grill. Grilled pineapple truly makes me drool.

To start off my re-commitment to posting recipes, I'm just going to tell you an easy way to keep your fridge filled with the essential summer drink - strawberry limeade.

Start out with Crystal Light lemonade. Make as directed. Puree or slice (slicing is much prettier) one cup of strawberries. Add the juice of two limes. Let sit in your fridge for a couple of hours.

We love this so much in my house, we go through it way too fast. But the great part is that you can use frozen strawberries (just put them in a food processor) or freeze fresh strawberries that you've already pureed. I freeze fresh lime juice in Ziploc baggies.

1 comment:

The Insane Louthains said...

I am soo using this for our Stake Camp Training this Saturday! I knew you had it on your blog!! I love it!!